Monday, February 27, 2012

Our baby is 1.


I've had a bit of a hiatus from blogging this month. February was always going to be busy, so I decided to delay my next course of French until March when it had all blown over. And thank goodness I did!


Nellie's first birthday and the required food and decorations fuss was a given. February also held the start of the CPEC term and related appointments plus Jack's Botox treatment the day before Nellie's birthday and extra physio appointments. It's also been a bad month for Jack's sleeping (frustratingly of unknown origin) which in turn has destroyed my sleep patterns as well. Whew! But Nellie turned one regardless, and the celebration was a success.


Many thanks to our friend Dan for his photographs. Unfortunately I was too busy and distracted to stop to take the photos myself, so thankfully I have Dan's to share.


Despite the gloomy weather forecast of rain and possible thinderstorms, I was giddy with delight that the BOM was off the mark that day as the sun shone through all day. Excellent friends and family, fine food and glorious sunshine made for a memorable first birthday celebration of our baby Nellie, born at five past one in the afternoon, Monday 14th February, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment