Thursday, October 20, 2011

Inspirations :: the Puff Daddy.

And.....I'm back. A week or two hiatus whilst we got the Melbourne Marathon, a sojourn to New Caledonia and family weekend to Cobram done. More about them another time.

I've decided to start a new classification of posts called Inspirations. This is where I stumble across excellent things on the web from the crafty, cooking or decorating side of things. I could alternatively call it 'Things I Love And Would Like To Make But There's Just Not Enough Time Before I Die' but that sounded a bit grim. 'Inspirations' is more upbeat. And shorter. Sort of replaces the 'Favorite Sites' tag.

'Puff Daddy' fromhttp://www.pickles.no/puff-daddy-knitted-stool/


So, first one is the Puff Daddy. Not sure if Sean Coombs knows about it. I have a pattern for a pouffe (also called an ottoman but saying 'pouffe' is a teensy bit funny...and juvenile...) which is an Amy Butler pattern, but of course, I haven't had time to make it. May do in the future.

The Puff Daddy is a knitted pouffe stuffed with feather and down. It sounds great, but I'm not sure that it might look a bit holey where the knitted fabric is stretched? Might need to make a cotton liner in the same color as the wool.

It comes from an excellent site called Pickles. Another favorite. Hope it inspires you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment