Monday, April 9, 2012

Go ahead and fake it!

DIY peonies via Creature Comforts
Do you like peonies? I do. Can you believe these peonies aren't real? I think they are very gorgeous. I love me a bit of fake flower. Ergo this craft is right up my street.

I spent many an hour as a teenager making carnations from tissues and ink pads or stitching fake rosebuds onto haircombs and bobby pins. More recently there's hardly a baby girl's beanie I haven't added a knitted flower or three to.

So discovering quality instructions on how to produce a pretty real looking flower tickles my floral fantasies.

The how-to for these fabulous fakies is from Creature Comforts. I just discovered this very cool site, littered many ridiculously cute crafts which I will be personally referring to from now on as one of my go-to sites for crafty inspirations!

No comments:

Post a Comment